Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Still waiting...


I had an appointment with Dr. Smith today at 3:15.  Ray came with me.  The results from Pathology were not back yet.  They said it takes 24 – 28 hours and my tests got there after 5pm yesterday.  .  The nurses weren’t happy since they had been assured the tests would be back by my appointment. 

Dr. Smith said it could or couldn’t be cancer.  Dr. Smith showed me my last mammogram and the new mammogram.  He showed me there was no sign that the tumor had been missed on it.  Nothing was there.  Then he compared it to the new mammogram.  The tumor was double lobed and he said that was where it was confusing.  One lobe was smooth which makes it look non-cancerous.  The other lobe had a jagged edge which would make it look cancerous.  He said if he thought it looked totally positive that it was cancer he would tell me, but he couldn’t say for sure.  He said even if it wasn’t cancerous it would need to be removed because of its size.  So, at minimum, a Lumpectomy was going to need to be performed.

We were going to visit with Rachel and her family but I didn’t really feel up to it.  I had a lot of emotions I was trying to deal with so we just drove back to our apartment in Pocatello.  It was a lot to take in.  I called Rachel and let her know they didn’t have the results but that I would be having surgery regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment