Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Surgeon Follow-up



Each round of Chemo tends to be different than previous rounds.  This round I have had extreme bone and joint pain.  I’m sure it’s from the white blood cell shot, Neulasta, since white blood cells are formed in your bones.  Saturday night I couldn’t get comfortable.  Sunday and Monday I was so achy and tired I was in bed all day.  I took Clariton which is supposed to help with that.  I took some Tylenol on Monday which helped some but if it happens again I am taking Hydroco.  There is no reason to be suffering like that when there are things that can help. My stomach has been more unsettled this time compared to past rounds.  Thinking of some foods just make me feel ill.

My surgeon, Dr. Brad Smith.




Yesterday I had an appointment with my surgeon Dr. Brad Smith.  He said everything looked good and if I had any problems or questions I could come in any time.  There was a very small amount of fluid on my left side but it will reabsorb.  Also, the lump under my right arm is pretty much gone.  That’s a very good thing.  I have really appreciated Dr. Smith’s compassion, sympathy, and expertise through this trial.  I am so grateful he was my surgeon. 









I am feeling much better today and have gotten a lot more of my energy back.  When I’m feeling the effects of Chemo I wonder if it will improve or if I will feel that way from now on.  I just have to keep reassuring myself that it will improve because it has every time in the past. 


This saying was on my niece Kylie’s door and is spot on:

“You never know how strong you are…until being strong is the only choice you have.” - unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment