Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chemo #4



I rode the Salt Lake Express ($13.00) to Rachel and Terrance’s house on Sunday evening.  Monday I was pretty much laying down most of the day.  I was so tired.  I felt so bad because Rachel was so excited that I could help with Braxton so she could clean and I could help her clean and rearrange furniture.  I couldn’t help much with the house or Braxton. 


Dr. Smith's office building in Idaho Falls.
Tuesday I was feeling pretty good.  I had an appointment with my surgeon Dr. Smith at 3 pm.  I had him do a thorough breast exam and let me know what all of the bumps and irregularities were so I could have a good base line to go by when doing my own exams.   

When I got back to Rachel’s we rearranged the living room and dining room and took pictures for a blog they are going to set up to sell their townhouse. 

Wednesday we put the couch back against the wall.  Terrance’s family was coming for MEP (their family campout acronym for Mary Lou and Earl's Prosperity) and there wouldn’t have been room for everyone to sit if it was dividing the room. LuJean, Conrad, Mallory, and Jake came to go shopping for the breakfast they are doing for everyone on Friday morning.  They have about 100 people planning on going to the campout.  That is amazing.


Nurse Gene giving me the really bad red chemical.
Thursday I went to Chemo at 9 am.  I met with Dr. Dickson for a few minutes.  He said on these next rounds people have reported that it takes a little longer to recover and they are more tired than on past rounds.  Then I went back had all of my Chemo.  My white blood counts are really good along with the rest of my blood work.  I finished about 3 pm.  I watched about 1 ½ movies.  I turn it off between drugs so I can listen to the Nurses so I can verify it is my name with each drug and follow any instructions they may have.  They did say that even though the Chemo is out of my system in 16 – 48 hours there is always a little left every time so it ends up adding up each time.  Good to know…I guess.  It is definitely a very long day each time I go in for Chemo.  Everyone else comes and goes before I’m done.  I’m always the first one there and the last one to leave.


Me trying to stay warm during Chemo, as usual.
Rachel picked me up and when I got to the house I found out while I was gone someone had called Terrance about stopping to look at the house while he was waiting at the front door.  Rachel was so embarrassed since she has been keeping the house clean for quite a while and today MEP supplies were all around the house, Mallory and Jake's blow up mattress was in the living room with their suitcases, my air mattress and all of my luggage was in Braxton’s room, and she had laundry on her bedroom floor waiting to be folded.  That seems to be the way it always is.  She is going to send them pictures of it cleaned up so his fiancé can see it the way it normally is.  Apparently he seemed really excited when he left and even called Terrance again after he left.  I hope it works out well for them.

I love being able to go visit with them.  Their home has such a wonderful atmosphere and it brings me a feeling of peace, which I definitely need right now.

I took the Salt Lake Express back to Blackfoot but since Monday they had raised the rates to $24.50!  That is crazy.  I was able to get a discount because the new site was glitching and I found out I can get a military discount.  Wish I had known that before.  I still ended up paying $19.00.  I don’t think I will be taking it anymore since the price will now far exceed gas prices.  I felt pretty good when I left my treatment but by the time I was about half way to Blackfoot I was falling asleep.  You can go downhill pretty fast.  I got to see Stephanie, Kylie, Mikayla, and Olivia for a little while when I got home before they headed back up to Challis.  
 


I am hurt but not slain;

I will lie down to bleed awhile and then I will rise up again and fight. - unknown



1 comment:

  1. Michelle so so sorry for what you are going through. We are praying for you. I want to come see you when we get back from vacation. I will call Rachel on Monday. Please take care. Love the Kugaths

    ReplyDelete