Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ray's VA Annual Check-up and Boise

Sunday we drove to Boise for Ray's annual VA check-up.  It was a very long day.  Monday morning we just went around to some second hand stores and lucked out on finding some things we needed (shower head for the apartment since the one in it sprays in every direction but down and I don't want to deal with maintenance on this one), shower curtain hooks, etc...

His appointment was at 1 pm which went pretty well until we discovered he hadn't gotten one of his refills in his big bag of meds.  We went back in and ended up waiting for about 3 more hours.  Ray had a little bit of a blow-up but it certainly got things moving.  They are usually pretty good there, so we can't complain too much.  Lack of food can cause things to escalate. 

We went to a Chinese restaurant called Golden Star.  They got my order wrong, didn't care, my food was very bland, and the cornstarch in the eggroll wasn't cooked out.  Yuck!  This was extremely disappointing to me since this is one of only a couple of days I can taste food before my next Chemo round. 

We tried to go to a movie but one side was blocked off so everyone was crowed in to one side making it crowded (not a situation I am supposed to be in right now) and I had to sit right in front of people which would have made me feel like I should remove my hat to the people behind me could see, and that wasn't going to happen.  Then I had a bit of a melt-down.  This on top of the long VA day and the tasteless dinner was enough for one day.  We went out to the lobby and they gave us passes to go another time.  

We stayed until Tuesday, went to some more second hand stores, found a meteorite at one of them (no info on origin, but cool none the less), and then headed home.  Another long drive. 
Smoke we could see to the North as we were heading out of Boise.
More smoke.

By the time we got home I had cankles from being in the car so long.  Not a pretty site.


No comments:

Post a Comment