Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Kudos to the Blackfoot High School Football Team!



The Blackfoot High School Football Team honored three ladies that were battling breast cancer.  I was lucky enough to be one or the three.  The team gathered donations from around town and dedicated their game on October 18, 2013 to the fight against breast cancer.  

The entire team signed this card for me.  Maybe one of them will be famous some day.  In my eyes they are all famous!



All of the players sported pink socks and tape in support of the fight.  We were presented with gift bags that contained all of the donations the team had so selflessly gathered together.  It included gift cards, socks, breads, cookies, a pink jewel studded cup, honey, aloe vera, and a handmade hat (now one of my favorites).  The announcer told a little about each of us and then we went out on the field with the team captains for the coin toss.  



The amazing gift bag that was presented to me containing the items the team had worked so hard to gather.

Don't you love this fantastic hat?!

I am putting what I wrote on the thank you card here because I was so impressed and touched by these amazing students.  Every word is genuinely heartfelt and sincere.



I am so proud that the hometown I grew up in has produced such quality young adults that have such caring and compassion for others battles.  The time and energy that was dedicated to helping in my struggle is greatly appreciated.  We are all going through battles. It may be on the football field, in the classroom, or personal struggles, like cancer, but by supporting each other we can emerge triumphant.  Thank you for being allies in my battle.  Onward Broncos!  Fight for victory!




No comments:

Post a Comment