Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chemo Ed Class



Today I had a Chemo Ed class with PA Dallin Gambles.  It was very helpful and informative to know what I will be going through, what I can expect, and what I can do to help things go more smoothly.  I got a big binder with lots of information that I have referred to many times already. 

We looked at my CT scan.  He said everything looked really good.  The cancer hadn’t metastasized into any other areas or organs.  We could see a small lump I felt on my right chest wall under my arm.  I have an appointment to have it checked on Thursday with Dr. Smith.


I asked if I would lose my hair with this treatment since my sisters said they knew people that didn’t.  He said it depends on the treatment but with this treatment I would.  He told of a lady he had consulted with and he saw her a week later and she had shaved her head to make the transition easier.  He asked who had told her she would lose her hair since he hadn’t mentioned it.  She said her neighbor lady had.  He then had to tell her that the type of treatment she would be receiving would not have resulted in hair loss.  Note:  When in doubt, ask your doctors.




No comments:

Post a Comment