Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Too much information doesn’t always lead to a better understanding, just panic



I couldn’t sleep on my sides very well since there is still some fluid under my arms and it’s still sore where the drains were inserted into my chest wall. 

I spent most of the day on the computer looking up results from the Pathology.  Too much information taken out of context and with limited knowledge is not a good thing.  I was having a really bad day and finally just reminded myself they said this is “very treatable”.  Dr. Smith didn’t seem surprised about anything on the report except the Sentinel Node report and he didn’t act like it changed my outcome.  I already knew it was aggressive or invasive/infiltrative.  I already knew it was Stage II and now luckily I know it is Stage IIA. The tumor measured smaller at 2.3 cm then they first thought at 2.6 cm then 4.5 cm, so yay!  It’s time to be positive.

I went in to Walmart and got a sports bra.  I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wear a sports bra before, in my whole life.

I went to bed early.  Tomorrow will be a better day.


No comments:

Post a Comment