Sunday, May 19, 2013

“I invoke the power of healing” ... Elder Russell M. Nelson




I got up to go to dad’s ward that starts at 11 am and remembered they were going to announce their new stake president at Stake Conference at 10 am where.  I hurried and got ready, arriving about half an hour late, but I didn’t miss too much.  It turned out Elder Russell M. Nelson was the interviewing apostle. The talks given by the Rexburg Temple President and his wife were on temple attendance and what goes on behind the scenes at the temple, ie. nightly cleaning, showing love and compassion, being welcoming.  That these are things we need to apply to our own homes as well.
  
http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/leaders/russell-m-nelson-large.jpg
Elder Russell M. Nelson
Elder Nelson spoke on paying tithing.  That by doing so, the windows of heaven will be opened.  That he has been blessed with numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren and that his extended family does a one time a month Family Home Evening.  I think that is an amazing idea!  He told about one newspaper that said President Thomas S. Monson lost his wife.  He said that President Monson hadn’t lost his wife, dying is how we start living again with resurrected and perfect bodies.  That President Monson would have to learn to live without her here on earth for just a time.  

Elder Nelson said that there may not be another visiting apostle in this area for several years since there are 3,000 stakes in the church and there aren’t ever going to be any more than twelve of them.  He wanted to leave us with a Prophet’s Blessing.  I wish I could remember it all.  I just remember thinking, “Please say something to help me with what I’m going through right now”.  Through the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood he pronounced the blessing upon us.  In the blessing he said that we would feel a desire to study the teachings of Jesus Christ   Then he said…To any of those facing illness or illness in their family “I invoke the power of healing” constant with the Lord’s desires.  I don’t remember much after that. 

He had invoked, called upon, the power of healing.  The force of that statement washed over me.  I felt overwhelming love from my Heavenly Father and courage to be strong through this ordeal.  I also believe that my brother will blessed as well and we will be buoyed up during these physical trials we will be facing.

I’m going to hold to those words with ironclad strength at this time.  That blessing was given to me.  The power of healing from my Heavenly Father has been invoked on my behalf and I plan on doing all I can to allow it to come to pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment