Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Heart and My Family.



Matt drove me to my EKG today at Sandcreek Echo in Idaho Falls at 9:45am.  It only took about 20 minutes.  It was very interesting to see all of the various angles of my heart and how hard it works.  It was pretty amazing. 

My CT scan was cancelled due to the fact that insurance companies won’t allow tests, which prelude lifesaving procedures, to take place until they preapprove them, although I understand their reasoning.  This in turn sets back my chemo that was supposed to start tomorrow and has already been approved.  Go figure.  It was probably a good thing since I would have ended up drinking the contrast too early for the time I would have been able to have the CT scan done.  Yes, I had already drunk the ambrosia provided to me that would allow me to glow for the scan.  Lucky me, I will get to repeat that experience.

Boxes ... always a favorite
Matt and I went up to Rexburg after the EKG.  Rachel, Braxton, Matt, and I stopped and visited with Spencer before he went to work.  Unfortunately, Natasha was at work.  I would have liked to have seen her.  He seems to be doing well.  They are both working hard while they are off track for college. 

This is the sweet face I see on my phone when Rachel calls
Braxton is growing up so fast.  Now that he is crawling and walking around everything and getting taller by the day he is losing his baby fat.  He’s just too busy to eat.  As the old saying goes, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.”  You can give him the food, but there’s only so much you can do to slow him down long enough to eat it.  He has to be moving every minute and has to know what is going on with everything around him.  As usual, I had such a good time playing with him and just watching him playing and learning every second.  He likes to patty cake, play peek-a-boo, and clap.  He REALLY loves to be chased!  He is so entertaining.  

Terrance has been such a great comforter and counselor for Rachel at this time.  He is always and always has been there for her when she needs reassurance and support.  I very much appreciate that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment