Monday, May 13, 2013

More YouTube research



I can’t believe how many people wear wigs that don’t need to.  I have never had the desire to own or wear a wig, but things may change.  I thought I could be prepared in case I decide to go that route.  I was trying to find out information on wig sites but had no luck.  The best places to find information were on YouTube where people were critiquing various wigs.  These people are like wig hoarders or something. The features of wigs are immense…what are comfy grip deluxe wig bands, monofilament with lace fronts, human or not human hair or partial human hair, heat or no heat styling…the list goes on and on.  I had been looking the night before at the sites and I had a dream that mom dug out all of these wigs and partial wigs from the 70’s. She told me she had plenty of wigs and they would work just fine so I wouldn’t have to buy one.

And what’s up with prosthetics?  The “bra” sizes are S M L 1X 2X but with no reference to chest measurements.  The prosthetic is sized 1 – 17.  What does that mean?  I really need to find a support group to help me answer these seemingly bizarre questions I have or I may have to resort to using socks since they may be all I can figure out how to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment